In 2013, in response to youth, community, and stakeholder feedback, we redesigned our newsletters, choosing to focus on producing a newsletter aimed at youth. The Drop explores the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child (UNCRC), which is an international agreement between many countries around the globe. The UNCRC has been in place since 1989 and gives children and youth around the world more than 40 major human rights. Canada signed onto this international agreement in 1991 and promised to ensure the rights described in the UNCRC are protected and promoted for all children living in Canada. Each issue of The Drop newsletter examines one of the Articles of the UNCRC.
- Winter 2014: The Drop on Your Right to Contact with Your Family – Article 9
- Spring 2014: The Drop on Your Right to Express Yourself! – Article 13
- Fall 2013: The Drop on Your Right to a Care Plan that Meets Your Needs – Article 25
- Summer 2013: The Drop on Your Safety Rights – Article 19
- Spring 2013: The Drop on Your Privacy Rights – Article 16