The Quality Assurance program at the Manitoba Advocate for Children and Youth was implemented in 2013 in an effort to ensure the internal and external work of the office is always striving toward excellence. The primary goals of the program are to help prepare the office for future growth, promote organizational stability, and ensure that quality and efficient services are delivered to children, youth, young adults, and their families across the province.
The work of the QA program consists of activities in the following areas:
- Continuous Improvement
- Data Collection, Maintenance, and Analysis
- Support of MACY Activities and Programs
- Monitoring and Compliance
The Quality Assurance program has grown and evolved since it started in 2013, and is now responsible for the following activities:
- Development and maintenance of internal quality assurance processes and protocols, including the development of tools and resources used to support and strengthen programs;
- Providing analysis to the Manitoba Advocate and to the office on provincial, territorial, and federal issues that have implications for Manitoba children and youth; and
- As described in The Advocate for Children and Youth Act, monitoring the levels of compliance with the implementation of recommendations made by the Manitoba Advocate in investigation reports and special reports.